FOIAs — info for media organizations (here)
– USCCB affiliate scandal in Atlanta in 2000
- 10-2-00, Refugees feel abandoned, Many in Atlanta live in deplorable conditions.
- 10-2-00, Refugees feeling betrayed, Many say relief agency broke promises to them.
- 10-3-00, Refugee official resigns: He admits conflict of interest amid scandal about poor conditions for new arrivals.
- 10-3-00, Refugee reaction: For those who need help, the first to resettle here feel like the last. Catholic charity investigated.
- 10-6-00, Resettlement ‘in turmoil’ as refugees on the move.
- 10-8-00, Catholic Social Services refugee resettlement: New life in Atlanta is falling short of dreams.
- 10-8-00, In their own words: The refugees’ lives.
- 10-13-00, Refugees’ local relocation halted by roach infestation.
- ECDC affiliate scandal in Atlanta in 2003
- 10-25-09, Weary Iraqi refugees describe how life in Chicago and America has left them with little hope
- 4-15-10, Agencies are stretched in efforts to aid refugees
New Hampshire, Manchester
- 6-1-08, She is a steadfast ally to refugees
- 12-13-08, Muslim outreach workers contend refugees in Greensboro are going hungry
- 2-1-09, Gunshots, poverty torment those seeking sanctuary
- 11-28-09, First a refugee, now homeless
- 12-6-09, Iraqi refugee says, ‘We want to go back’
- 12-9-09, Concerns deepen over local refugees
- 12-20-09, A cold welcome to Greensboro for refugees
- 12-21-10, Refugees from Iraq find jobs — in W.Va.
- 12-25-10, Refugee agencies to share caseload of Lutheran Family Services
North Dakota, Fargo
Texas, San Antonio
Utah, Salt Lake City
- 7-12-06, Refugee family goes hungry over food card mix-up
- 10-10-08, Growing costs, low salaries put decent homes out of reach for many Utah refugees
- 10-10-08, Refugee caseworker’s challenge: To be there when it’s most needed
- 1-5-09, Impoverished Iraqi refugees must rebuild lives ‘from scratch’
- 3-1-09, Iraqi refugees returning to danger zone to escape poverty in Utah
- 3-22-09, Federal funding boost will help Utah refugees
- 4-4-09, Utah seeks more dollars to help Iraqi refugees
- 6-1-09, U.S. welcome disappoints Iraqi interpreter who lost his legs
- 7-17-09,Refugees could become homeless next month
Unaccompanied Refugee Minors
U.S. Department of State
- Operational Guidance To Resettlement Agencies
- Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- Audit of Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services (LIRS), 2005
- Audit of World Relief, 2005 (part 1)
- Audit of World Relief, 2005 (part 2)
Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), ACF, US Dept. of Health & Human Services
- Matching Grant — ORR contractor Inspection Reports
- Wilson-Fish Program (refugee employment services, cash assistance, medical assistance)
- Unaccompanied refugee minors